Object creation in Speckle Format using Typescript

I want to know that is it possible for me to create speckle objects in typescript such as creating boxes etc., basically I want to make use of the 3d viewer and create objects inside it.
Thanks

We don’t have any official documentation about this, and we have yet to have an official JS/TS SDK.

However, if you follow along with @chrkong : Custom TypeScript Speckle Connector

He is attempting to do just this and while we’ve offered vague pointers, most of the legwork has been done by him, but we have included a new method in our packages for sending those objects to Speckle

2 Likes

I have two more questions!

1. Can we generate geometry in Speckle.
  2. If we can import geometry/models from Rhino can we export to Revit etc.?
  1. You can publish geometry from Rhino using the SpeckleRhino connector, you can load this geometry into Revit using the SpeckleRevit connector

1. Yes… I think that’s what you asked first - I linked the Example from Christian Kongsgaard, but there are other examples: [SpecklePy] Commiting Geometry to a Branch - #18 by bjoern

Unless you mean that you can generate geometry in the Speckle web app. In which case, no.

2 Likes

Speckle uses what type of data format? While exporting from Speckle to Revit via the connector?

tldr; It may be easier to share our documentation: Introduction | Speckle Docs. Speckle stores decomposed objects as serialized JSON.

Slightly longer, Speckle decomposes models from host applications into individual elements in an object schema called Speckle objects. Each element, let’s say a wall, will be decomposed to the parametric instruction for that wall, the properties metadata, and a display mesh. Each of these is serialised to JSON and stored immutably in a database with a unique ID that allows all these objects to be recomposed again as the closest supported native types when received.

So, conversion with Speckle is actually: Revit > Speckle > Blender, or IFC > Speckle > Civil3d etc

The Speckle format in the middle allows:

• the web viewer to act as a recomposer connector
  • allow access to data analysts and the like
  • resolve changes over time diffing
2 Likes