Is it possible to visualize several Ifc-Models in one PowerBI file?

Hi,
We are building PowerBi dashboards for clients where the relationship between several Ifc-Models is import. The Ifc-Models have individual locations represented by their specific Geo-Reference.
I tried to use the Speckle Connector for PowerBI to display several Ifc-Models in one viewer without any success. I was only able to display a single Ifc-Model from my Speckle Stream.
Is it even possible to do that with the PowerBI to Speckle Connection?
Might it be possible to live-connect a BlenderBIM file via Speckle to PowerBI?

Thanks for the help

1 Like

Hey @QuentinHamm ,

Welcome to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: to the community if you want to! :grinning:

Certainly, it is possible. To do so, you must merge your two data sources into one using Power BI. I found this article online👇:

Afterwards, connect the Stream URL, Commit Object ID, and Object ID inputs for the 3D Viewer Visual. Once completed, you will be able to view your two models in the viewer.

Feel free to let us know if you face any issues.

Thank you for the tipp. The merging basically works and allows me to visualize 2 projects in the viewer. Unfortunately the viewer seems to have a problem with 2 models that are relatively far away from each other.
The Models only appear very small in the viewer and at a certain point you can’t zoom in any further.
At the Moment I am not really sure how to solve that issue.

Ok, this is because of the clipping plane in the 3D Viewer. It is similar to SketchUp’s issue .

We’ll eventually add an option to fix this. In the mean time, you can double-click on the object, the viewer will align the clipping plane, so you won’t have this issue.

Okay thank you, good to know.

Is it still possible to find the reference of an object to its relating BuildingStorey and BuildingSite after the upload of my IFC on Speckle. I can’t find any information about the location in the Selection Info of the Speckle Viewer.
Reason behind it: I would like to use the Information that is saved in the BuildingStorey reference of my Objects .

1 Like

Well this currently depends on your Power Query knowledge. All the data should be there. If you could share the IFC files and tell us a bit more about what you want to accomplish, we’d be more than happy to help you out in any way we can.

1 Like