How to compare Data through Speckle?

Hi everybody in the Speckle Community :slight_smile: ,

I have created a Stream in Speckle and managed to upload Revit Elements and an Excel sheet. The data in my Excel sheet (database) corresponts to the Revit elements and their parameters, see snippet below:

Through Speckle i would like to compare the data in my Excel-database and my uploaded Revit elements, to compare if the modelled elements meet the requirements from (for example) the client/ a colleague.

However i don’t know how i can do this, and if this is even possible through Speckle.
(I am completely new to Speckle, I have never used anything like this before :slight_smile: )

Any help/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Daan Schlosser

1 Like

Hey Daan, welcome to our community!

Speckle creates the pipes so you can easily get data from Revit into Excel, but currently doesn’t give have any functionality to do such comparison for you.

You could of course create a Speckle App to do so or just use Excel and other tools like PowerBI, Dynamo etc…

1 Like

Hi @teocomi ,

Thank you for your quick response, i’ll try something with Dynamo :slight_smile: .
Will update you guys on the progress on that.

Kind Regards,
Daan Schlosser

1 Like

Hi, there’s another quick way I’d try: receive the revit data in excel, filtering out just the properties you need, and basically do the check in excel!

Check @teocomi’s guide on how to receive complex objects here :sunglasses: