Hey can i get the area of a face?

• Objective: I want to find the ground floor area (the bottom face) of this 3D object.
  • Issue: In the area data, I get the total surface area of all the faces combined. However, I need the area of each individual face, especially the bottom one. I can’t seem to find where to access this information, even in developer mode.

For example, this object is a 5x5x5 cube. The total surface area returned is 125 (which is correct), but I specifically want the 25 that represents the area of the bottom face. The volume calculation is correct, but I can’t find the individual face areas.

I’m afraid that’s not going to be easy - when we extract properties from an object, we extract it as a “whole”. If you explode that brep into its subconstituent faces and leave those as individual elements you will get what you’re looking for!

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to achieve? It would help us to understand why you need each face’s area.

oh yes of course
The ideas is that this is a model which represents several stories of buildings (each storie beeing a box) and i needed to get the plan areas of each floor

And i’d also need to know wich sides of this boxes are touching with each other but i’m guessing that is more complex