Grasshopper 'Send' component issue


I’m having issues with the send and receive components in Grasshopper.
When sending to an existing stream I immediately receive the error: ‘1. Something went terribly wrong… Object reference not set to an instance of an object.’ Also receiving from a branch which contains geometry gives an error after ‘receiving…’ for a few seconds: ‘1. Solution exception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.’

These error messages are quite generic for Grasshopper, so I’m not sure where to look for the issue. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled both the manager and the connectors, tried different geometries, files, streams and branches, restarted, etc. but no luck yet. Help would be appreciated!

I use Speckle Manager 2.0.30 with Grasshopper connector 2.1.22, Rhino 7 SR7
(7.7.21160.5001, 2021-06-09) and Grasshopper 1.0.0007 on Windows 10. Rhino 6 is also installed.

1 Like

Hey @Max_Latour!

Welcome to our community! Do Introduce yourself 🙆 to everyone if you feel like it (no pressure :wink: )

Thanks for reporting this! You are right, the message is somewhat cryptic. I just tried a clean install in my Windows machine and everything seemed fine. I am running exactly the same versions as you are, and I also have Rhino 6 installed so I’m not sure what could be happening here.

Could you send me via DM your user SUUID? You can find it in the Manager Settings. This will help me go through our logs and filter your specific logs to figure out whats going on.

Thanks again for taking the time to report this.

Hey Max,

We checked our logging systems and could not see any related error. Could you please try some of the following, to help us narrow down the issue:

  • send us a screenshot of the content of this folder %appdata%/speckle/kits/objects
  • try to receive a sample stream, like this
  • try see if other Speckle components in Grasshopper work, eg the “Accounts” one

We’d also be keen to have a quick call with you to try find what’s going on, let us know if you’re up for that!

Here is the screenshot of the Objects folder:

Receiving a stream also fails. What might be important to mention is that it did work before, so I’ve actually got some streams with commits. It doesn’t work at the moment anymore though and also receiving those streams doesn’t.

However, the components like ‘Accounts’ and ‘Stream List’ do work.

This is quite weird Max! That folder content looks OK…
The only way in which we could help you further would be via a quick video call, let me know via PM if that works for you!

1 Like

Awesome, love when things get fixed by themselves :slight_smile: !

1 Like