Grasshopper - 2.0 connector error

I just released 2.1.5-beta, which contains some minor fixes that (i hope) will allow the Object Management nodes to load properly and without any exceptions thrown.

It should still throw the error on the other nodes mentioned (including Schema Builder). If you guys could confirm this works properly, I can get the fix for all the nodes released today :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve installed 2.1.5 (I didn’t update the manager to 2.0.25, I kept it on 2.0.22). After a bunch of Rhino reboots I got the error again.

You are right about the not working CreateSpeckleObject and ExpandSpeckleObject nodes. Even all GH nodes (tried all Speckle 2.0 nodes and several standard GH ones, like point, panel, etc.) throw this Grasshopper breakpoint error when I place one on the canvas.

If you find it helpful, we could have a 1on1 call about it next week.

Oh dear…did I make it worse? :sweat: it looks like I only managed to defer the problem to a later point in the program. I actually just moved some logic from the startup to when it’s added on a document.

The fact that other nodes throw errors when placed in the canvas is super weird… That shouldn’t really affect other nodes at all :man_shrugging: I’m confused… I’ll keep digging at it but it that 1on1 would definitely be helpful just to see it happening live.

Anyway, I can see you still get the “loading errors” on startup for all the Object management nodes, so something else is going on here too…

I’ll keep posting here my findings (or lack thereof).

1 Like

Hi there @JdB and @Ionut_Anton!

Just bugging you guys again to keep you updated with the progress of this. I just published version 2.1.6-beta of the Grasshopper connector which partially fixes the issue (for the third time…) except for the nodes shown below:

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 13.55.26

Could you install the latest version and check 2 things?

1. If the errors you get when it happens are the same as the screenshot above. If anything differs could you let me know which?
  2. Once the document is loaded, you should be able to instantiate new ObjectManagement nodes but I am uncertain if they will work. Could you confirm if they work? If not, what’s the error you get?

Thanks for the patience! :smiley: Hopefully this will do the trick and we can finally get it behind us :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Noìce, I got these loading errors, which appears to be the same as yours!

2. These are the available ObjectManagement nodes and they give the same error as yesterday.

PS: this is also a very nice feature in the Speckle Manager!

3 Likes

Great! Thanks for testing it.

So it appears I also need to do some minor fixes on the KitManager to prevent it from happening. I’ll ping you back here once it’s published and hopefully you’ll never see this error again :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Version 2.1.7-beta of the Grasshopper connector should go live any minute now. My expectation is that it should go back to working 100% of the time, but I still have a doubt on the KitManager fix I just pushed to wrap things up.

Please, let me know if you have any issues with that, such as No default kit was found in this machine or any other error.

I won’t celebrate until you guys can confirm you no longer experience this :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Getting this error indeed No default kit found on this machine.
And no errors when starting GH.

Using 2.1.7 GH connector

Good news for anyone following this thread!

Seems like the issue has been fixed in the release 2.1.8, please make sure to update both the Grasshopper and Rhino connectors for it to work!

3 Likes

Great stuff! I believe it took quite some effort and determination so good to celebrate it haha

2 Likes

Thanks again @JdB and @Ionut_Anton for testing our buggy pre-releases and for the 1-1 calls!!

1 Like

Sorry to spoil our party, but I have the error again :frowning:
A quick reboot of Rhino and GH fixed it.

Getting the error No default kit found on this machine and don’t recall seeing an error about it when starting GH.