GraphQLException: 'You do not have the required privileges.'

@gokermu I am bit confused about the various components. So, to break that down, I decided to first run the example you referred to, i.e. https://speckle.systems/tutorials/scheduling-app-for-revit-data/

I did paste the URL from a personal commit, and received the error:

AttributeError: 'SpeckleException' object has no attribute 'referencedObject'

I also intermittently get the following error:

SpeckleException: SpeckleException: Failed to execute the GraphQL commit request. Inner exception: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://speckle.xyz/graphql

why is it so difficult to authenticate and extract data??

You are right that it shouldn’t be.

From the same machine ate you able to follow to https://speckle.xyz/graphql

I will look through your postings above and check might be going wrong

@jonathon thank you very much for your help.
The link does take a while to open and then it leads to the following:

great, are you running the example pasted by @gokermu here or in the tutorial?

I’ve tried both, and the error does arise in both cases

Reducing the test to the bare minimum

import streamlit as st
from specklepy.api.client import SpeckleClient
from specklepy.api.wrapper import StreamWrapper

def main():
    st.title("Stream Access Test")

token = st.text_input(
        "Enter your Speckle token:",
        "{{TOKEN}}",  # don't share your token with anyone!!
    )

stream_url = st.text_input(
        "Enter your Speckle Stream:",
        "https://speckle.xyz/streams/{{STREAM_ID}}",
    )

# This now uses the StreamWrapper to shortcut from URL 
    # to all the details we need
    wrapper = StreamWrapper(stream_url)

host = wrapper.host
    stream_id = wrapper.stream_id

client = SpeckleClient(host)
    client.authenticate_with_token(token)

if client.account.token is not None:
        # This checks that we authenticate as the user we expected
        st.write(f"Client: {client} ({client.user.account.userInfo.email})")
    else:
        st.write(
            f"Client: {client} ({client.user.account.userInfo.email})",
            "Invalid token"
        )
        return

stream = client.stream.get(stream_id)
    st.write("Stream: " + str(stream))

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

I noticed your example code was defaulting to an ancient token from @gokermu - lets omit that - always good advice to keep those tokens private!!

:point_up_2: This also makes me think of potential internet issues, that URL should load instantly…

The tester script revealed for me that under one pyenv, that specklepy was always resolving to the local default account, regardless of authenticating with the token; this only really affects you if you have a number of accounts and servers, but it did cause me some consternation for a short while.

@jonathon thanks mate. This example works, but so did the previous example I had shared until that point (finally!).

It is when I try to take the script ‘further’, i.e. start interrogating data, that receive the error

@teocomi I see your point, but I actually tried this on 3 different machines connected to different wifi networks!

for the record, the ‘minimum working example’ you provided return successfully the following:

right so which version of which code are we working to get working - as that should be all you need, but I lost track with your posts of both code and tutorials that were different things?

I have a hunch that streamlits data caching may be an arse here, but I’m not a streamlit expert

@jonathon my bad, I have not been very clear due to the frustration to get this to work.

There were two elements of the code provided in on of the two examples that are available online (https://speckle.systems/tutorials/scheduling-app-for-revit-data/) that I struggled to make work:

1. Getting stream and authorising via a token
which was returning the specklepy.logging.exceptions.GraphQLException: error: I have solved that by deleting my personal access token (streams:read apparently was not sufficient) and recreating a new one with everything authorised. I have also tested your minimum example on that and it works well - thanks!

2. Extracting data
Whatever happens later is a bit unclear to me.

I consider myself decent in python and ok with streamlit, but all the object retrieval using the commits and everything happening after that is still a bit confusing for me.
From another tutorial example @gokermu posted (
https://speckle.systems/tutorials/create-your-first-speckle-app-using-only-python/ it seems this can be chosen within the app menus, so it may be a question to mix and match the code from the two.

Specifically here the issue is that the following code section:

# COMMIT 🍀
# gets a commit given a stream and the commit id
commit = client.commit.get(wrapper.stream_id, wrapper.commit_id)
# get obj id from commit
obj_id = commit.referencedObject
# receive objects from commit
commit_data = operations.receive(obj_id, transport)

returns the error: AttributeError: 'SpeckleException' object has no attribute 'referencedObject'

and this happened when I ran the example file (main.py) provided by @gokermu

2 Likes

print the result of this:

commits = client.commit.list(stream_id=stream_id, limit=2)

and report back

1 Like

0 : "Commit( id: 82b1ca6635, message: Sent 314 objects from Revit2023., referencedObject: fa22dd42105ba0f4a606b7cc054d241c, authorName: Remo Fabrizi, branchName: main, createdAt: 2023-06-06 14:41:52.443000+00:00 )"
which seems promising.

Does the commit id look like what you were trying but client.commit.get error out at?

@jonathon yes it looks like. Thanks for your help. I thing I have figured out a couple of things re: authorising as the two examples from @gokermu provide two alternative methods (
client = SpeckleClient() and wrapper = StreamWrapper(commit_url). For instance I managed to get the first method to work, but the second only worked when the Speckle connector was open and logged in on my computer.

1 Like

Yes, StreamWrapper uses your local account(stored in Manager for Speckle) in the background for authentication. But all other functionalities(getting stream id/commit id from URL etc.) should still work.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Key Error: ‘WALL BOTTOM EXTENSION DIST PARAM’