Ghpython SpeckleCore2.dll reference

Hi! I have just updated my speckle on grasshopper to version 2.7.0. and my scripts using ghpython component, with speckle code inside cannot reference the SpeckleCore2.dll file anymore.

Based on these documentations, which used to work great before the update, I would have a speckle grasshopper 2 folder in my gh libraries folder. I think that is now moved to
AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins\SpeckleRhino2 (8dd5f30b-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-3e05c8cxxxxx)
Since the appendix for the folder name seems like a uuid, I’m wondering if this would change with every update? please correct me if I’m worried for no reason. and if this is the correct path to reference the SpeckleCore2.dll file.

It would be awesome if this could be a more general path, that would stay the same on different computers.

Hey @soroush !

Thanks for spotting this, we definitely forgot to give a heads-up regarding this change.
The new location you mentioned is correct, and it’s the same for everyone, it will not change over time.

I’ll update the docs now!

You can safely update your nodes now and sorry for the hassle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

awesome thank you @teocomi

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Importing SpeckleCore2.dll - Illegal Character Error