GH and Revit questions

Just raising a few questions I have regarding GH and Revit.

1. When I create a box in GH (and add data to it) and send it to Speckle, the box isn’t shown in the online viewer. Only when I create a mesh from the box it is shown. Is this how it’s intended? Or am I doing something wrong?
GH details Q1

Stream 1 - no geometry visible: Speckle
Stream 2 - no geometry visible: Speckle
Stream 3 - geometry is visible: Speckle

1. In 1.0 it was possible to define and send a Revit grid line from GH to Revit. Will that be added in the future or am I missing something right now? (I don’t see it in this list: https://speckle.guide/user/revit.html#supported-categories)

2. Would it be possible to define and send a Revit room from GH to Revit? (it also isn’t in the Revit supported categories list)

Hi @JdB! Good shouts!

Q1: nice bug find. It’s logged and will be done this sprint: Viewer: support boxes · Issue #270 · specklesystems/speckle-server · GitHub

Q1a: the image in gh: it might be something because boxes are gh native objects somehow, and our converter doesn’t know what to do with them. I think @AlanRynne is the most legit authority on the matter though :slight_smile:

Q2: logged and ticked off apparently here: Feat Revit: Additional conversions · Issue #394 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub. Perhaps @teocomi and/or @Ollie can provide more info on the status.

Q3: Also logged in Feat Revit: Additional conversions · Issue #394 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub, and discussed Sending Walls and Rooms from Revit 2020 to 2019 - #5 by a.halim - not sure of the status - again dropping that hot potato in the hands of @teocomi :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yep, Gridlines are go! It’s the other bits I’m still fussing around with.

1 Like

As others have said: grids have been added but not merged yet, rooms will be added soon (will come in Revit as unplaced rooms). Will keep you posted Jeroen!

1 Like

Hi!! Just looked into this and it seems our Extend speckle object does not take into account the possibility of the input not being Base (tried with a couple other convertible Rhino Geometries with same results).

I’ll open an issue for this, as it should handle this case properly.

1 Like

Thank you all for the very fast responses and clear elaborations!

Great to see all the amazing progress that is going on!

3 Likes

Quick note to say that we’ve added support for Rooms > Revit and grid lines too! This features will ship in the next release due in ~1 week.

1 Like