GeoSpeckle No supported features found

First of all, congratulations on the superb work.

I’m trying to test geospeckle on a partial model of Buenos Aires, but I’m encountering an error that I can’t seem to resolve. I’m surely missing something.

Thanks in advance for the help.

geo.speckle.systems url

Testing Urban Model BA: Using the model d7da70383a to handle multiple meshes

1 Like

Hi @jan-casas ! Thanks for reporting, this is was a valid issue! The structure of Grasshopper objects is slightly different, but it is fixed and should work now :raised_hands:

On the other note, the current geodata server is not in a production status yet, and is not tuned to handle such large models. We will roll out improvements gradually, and for now I would suggest sending a smaller model. If you still need to show the entire thing on the map, you can try sending it in parts (models), and load each part(model) as a separate layer on your local html file, like in one of the demos: pygeoapi/speckle_demos at dev · specklesystems/pygeoapi · GitHub

Let us know if it worked!

1 Like

I looked a bit closer at the model: there is a lot of room to make it much lighter. For example, this simple building represented as a Mesh, contains 123 x,y,z values in “vertices”, which means it has 41 points in it, when just 8 would be enough (or 24, if each face needs to be colored separately). From what I can remember working with Grasshopper, sometimes when plugging in Brep directly to sender, it might auto-generate a display Mesh for that Brep in an over-complicated way. If this was something coming from a Brep, you can try manually converting it to a mesh first, controlling how many vertices will be created. If it was already a mesh, you can try using some simplification algorithms. This will not only improve GeoSpeckle experience, but will help load and receive the model much faster everywhere :raised_hands:

3 Likes