Excel > Excel issue

Send data without headers from Excel and receive it in Excel doesn’t appear to work anymore (see screenshots below). A colleague experienced this issue when trying to send a list of numbers from GH and receive it into Excel, but I can imagine this issue can be solved with just looking at the Excel connector. Plus the Excel > Excel use case should work as well.

Example commit on XYZ: Speckle
The commit is created by selecting a very simple Excel data set using “Set range” (so without headers):

This issue might be somewhat related to an older issue that was fixed by @teocomi : Send from Excel doesn't hash the object

Screenshots:

First time I click receive the receive arrow I get an error:

Second time it says it is successful but no data is showing up:

If I open an object and try to receive it, it also doesn’t work:

Hey @JdB,

I can reproduce this and I’m working on a fix for it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention

2 Likes

@JdB

Hey this should be fixed now. Let me know if you have an more issues with this

1 Like

Hi @connor, unfortunately, I am now getting this error when receiving data initially sent to Speckle from Excel.

I can receive data from objects created in Grasshopper. Any help receiving the Excel data back from Speckle into Excel would be greatly appreciated.

@EdMM

We made a hotfix yesterday that should have resolved this. Let me know if you’re still experiencing this issue

2 Likes

Thanks @connor, that has fixed it! Much appreciated!

2 Likes