ETABS Story and Label Information

Hello Speckle community!

I’m currently working on designing superstructure elements for residential towers. Our goal is to bring these elements per a typical floor from ETABS to Rhino via Grasshopper. To achieve this, I need to filter the structural elements from Speckle based on story information.

Here’s my current workflow:

1. I’ve defined story planes in Grasshopper using a spreadsheet.
  2. I use these story planes to filter the structural elements from Speckle through geometrical operations.

However, I’d like to explore a more efficient and streamlined approach using Speckle. Specifically, I’m interested in understanding how to extract story-related data directly from Speckle streams.

Questions:

1. How can I retrieve story information from Speckle streams?
  2. Are there any best practices or recommended workflows for handling story-related data in Speckle?
  3. Is it possible to get these information, including label information for each element?

I appreciate any insights, tips, or guidance from the community.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards,
Gilang

Hey @glgg ,

It’s good to have you back! I’m. not very familiar with the structure of Etabs data, but the story information should already be included in the Speckle data. If you could shareURL, I’d be happy to give it a try.

Hey @gokermu,

I apologize, I can’t share the Speckle URL because it’s a confidential project.
This is what I got from Grasshopper, after sending my ETABS model (I’m using ETABS 18) to Speckle.

From the parameters of the beam elements, I couldn’t find any Story information and the beam label.
The name parameter is equal to Unique Name in ETABS.

1 Like