Error when trying to connect to Stream from PowerBi

Hi all,

im trying to connect my Speckle Stream to PowerBi.

When i click get data in PowerBi, and select “Speckle get stream by url (beta)”, and put in my url, it asks me to login.

When i click login it gives me an error “a value cannot be null. Parametername: uriString”

and then its just loading, but not connecting to speckle.

What am i doing wrong?

1 Like

Hey @Svendsen ,

Welcome to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: to the community if you want to! :grinning:

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble receiving your data in Power BI. Can you please help me understand the situation better by answering a few questions?

• Are you trying to connect from a work computer or your personal device? If it’s a work computer, maybe try connecting from your personal device to see if that makes a difference.
  • What version of Power BI are you currently using? If you’re not using the latest version, it’s worth updating to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Have you tried switching to English to see if that helps?

If none of the above works, you can try authenticating with a Personal Token. Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as it sounds! Here is a guide that will walk you through the process step by step:

Hi Mucahit,

Thx for the reply. It help when using the personal token :slight_smile:

1 Like