Error sending revit Geometry

Hello specklers .

I’m trying to send revit family geometry to speckle.
This I could previously do ok.
I’m now having the following error
[ERR] SendCommand failed - Zero objects converted successfully. Send stopped.

Test it with revit 2020, 2021 and 2024 using different geometry and same problem. In theory manager and connector are up to date 2.19.1

Hey @Vic,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Do you have other non-revit older versions of connector installed? Did you try different Revit families or just one?

What connector version was the one that was working?

Hi @Nikos
What do you mean by other non-revit older version connectors?

I tried in revit 2021 and 2024, different families, and even created a simple box geometry and tried sending over speckle and encounter the same error.

I mean, Rhino Connector version 2.18.0 for example. Or any other Connector that is not 2.19.1.

I see yes I have Rhino 2.16.3 and others
Now speckle manager is suggesting an update from 2.19.1 to 2.19.3
I guess I will try to just update all connectors an get back at you :wink:

Hm strange, I did the updates and restarted my PC

Send Failed :confounded:

Sorry to hear that, can you share with us the Revit Logs to have a look?

You can find the logs here: %appdata%\Speckle\Logs\

You can send me a DM if you want or post them here.

No problem, I will DM you the logs

Thanks Victor, we are going to have a look and let you know.

In the meantime, can you tell us which connector version you were using before updating that was working fine? Maybe you can use the old version as a workaround until we find a solution.

Its all good!

For now I’ve resolved another way around, no problem.
Is there anyway I can trace which connector I had previously?
I mean I remember doing this a while back several times and working okay

Hey Victor,

I just invited you to a Google Drive folder using the email you use on the forum.

Can you please upload the models you used for Revit 2021 and Revit 2024?

I haven’t been able to reproduce the error so far, so I want to check the geometry.

To answer you question, I think the only way to trace back the connectors history is by checking past Logs. If you have old Revit Logs, you can check the first line of code.

Hi @Nikos
That’s strange, maybe there is an app conflicting with speckle in revit.
At first I tried sending a simple geometry I was working on, then I test it by creating a new family, and a simple extrusion with no parameters, just a dumb geometry and had the same error.

So if on your end it’s working fine I assume something is conflicting in my set up. Because It is not allowing me to send any type of geometry.

Hey @Vic

Yea is strange, there is something weird on your end with the convertor…
The only thing that I can suggest you at the moment is to remove ALL the Speckle Connectors and make a clean Install.

Hi Vic,

The best way for us to help you is if you could send us one example Revit project that fails to send, you can use the Drive folder Nikos shared with you.

Hello @Nikos and @teocomi
Yes, I think it could be my Rhino set-up, but I don’t now how it could interfere with Revit.
Anyways I’ve shared in the folder a simple geometry, and a log file, where I tried sending that geometry to speckle on my end

Vic, we can’t seem to replicate it on our end. Let’s keep an eye on it and let us know if you have more issues!

Please make sure to send from the project environment going forward, as support for the family editor is currently limited.

Thanks for the update and help :slight_smile:
My conclusion is that there most be something conflicting with my setup so this gives me a lead of where to go.
Wouldn’t it be nice to hack the family editor :wink: