ERROR: Error executing task {"component":"fileimport-service"}

Hii
i am trying to setup the speckle server locally by referring through the documentation and i’m encountring following error . please do suggest me what to do.

ERROR: Error executing task {“component”:“fileimport-service”}
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: err: {
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “type”: “DatabaseError”,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “message”: “password authentication failed for user "speckle"”,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “stack”:
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: error: password authentication failed for user “speckle”
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at Parser.parseErrorMessage (C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\3d\speckle-server\node_modules\pg-protocol\dist\parser.js:287:98)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at Parser.handlePacket (C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\3d\speckle-server\node_modules\pg-protocol\dist\parser.js:126:29)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at Parser.parse (C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\3d\speckle-server\node_modules\pg-protocol\dist\parser.js:39:38)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at Socket. (C:\Users\DELL\Desktop\3d\speckle-server\node_modules\pg-protocol\dist\index.js:11:42)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at Socket.emit (node:events:513:28)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:324:12)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at readableAddChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:297:9)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at Readable.push (node:internal/streams/readable:234:10)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: at TCP.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:190:23)
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “length”: 103,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “name”: “error”,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “severity”: “FATAL”,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “code”: “28P01”,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “file”: “auth.c”,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “line”: “338”,
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: “routine”: “auth_failed”
➤ YN0000: [@speckle/fileimport-service]: }

1 Like

Hi @sandeep

Welcome to the community, and good to see that you’re giving Speckle server a try.

password authentication failed for user “speckle”

This implies that the password, or username, you have provided in the Postgres database connection string is not valid. Please check your database configuration and amend the Postgres database connection string as necessary.

Iain

may i know in which file i nedd to change the credentials?
because were ever there is password: “speckle” i have changed it to my local postgres password
but still i m getting the same error

Thnaks for helping in adavance

On line 133 of the example in the documentation, you will find the PG_CONNECTION_STRING for the fileimport service:

PG_CONNECTION_STRING: 'postgres://speckle:speckle@postgres/speckle'

This should be amended by replacing yourdatabaseusername, yourdatabasepassword, and yourdatabasename as required to match the configuration of your postgres database:

PG_CONNECTION_STRING: 'postgres://yourdatabaseusername:yourdatabasepassword@postgres/yourdatabasename'
1 Like

Thank you so much for you time and reply i have made changes and it got worked

thanks and regards
sandeep.

2 Likes