eMail at collaborators at Graphql

Hi Alan,

can we add email field to collaborators at the GraphQL API ? Currently, it doesn’t exist.

We want to notify collaborators to join a VR session through their emails.

Best,
Dimitrios

1 Like

Hi Dimitrios, tricky one! Short answer is that yes, we could, though that’s a protected scope currently to prevent email exfiltration and subsequent spamming.

Would you send the email, or would you want Speckle to send it for you? Part of planned future dev work is a “notification centre”. We were initially scoping this for notifying users when they’re mentioned in a comment, for example. Functionality could be extended to cover your use case too…

1 Like

Hi Dimitrie,

The scenario is as follows:

1. I enter VR but none is there;
  2. I fetch all my collaborators through Speckle GraphQL query;
  3. I select among them who I want to invite in VR (I do not want to have all 20 collaborators in VR)
  4. I send them the VR Session name and a password to enter the VR session (pertinent to EOS Core services);

We have already implemented a mail client in VR but we do not know the mails of the collaborators. It would be convenient to have also the emails back from graphql so that we finish this feature during this week. I guess that you have already many things to do and the notification centre will take some time. Perhaps, you can enable it only for some period until the notification center is ready ??

cc: @Stavros_Portokalidis (new team member at us)

Best,
Dimitrios

1 Like