Custom properties in Speclke Platform

Hi all,
I’m Batiste, and I’m new to Speckle.

I’m trying to import GeoJSON data into Speckle, and I have some doubts about which workflow is better.

The geometry in the GeoJSON consists of floor footprints of different buildings.
imagen

I need to open it in Grasshopper to determine the base height of each footprint and also the height of each floor to obtain the 3D geometry of each GeoJSON feature.
imagen

The main issue is that I’m able to convert the geometry into a Speckle object, and with the ESOKV component, I’m able to attach the properties of each GeoJSON feature to the 3D geometry.

However, in the Speckle viewer, I’m only able to visualize the geometric data; I can’t see the properties of each feature.

My final goal is to create a dashboard with the 3D building geometries to display some values and color the geometries based on certain variables. My idea was to create the dashboard in Power BI once the data is in Speckle, but any suggestions are welcome.

Hi @Batiste_Vidal!

Welcome to Speckle! Feel free to Introduce yourself 🙆 if you want!

Can you please share the Project URL so I can have a look? You can also send me a private message if you don’t want to share the URL in public.

Moreover, what version of Grasshopper connector are you using?

Hi @Nikos , thank you for your reply.

I send you the Project URL in a private message.

The Grasshopper connection version is the 2.20.2

If you deselect everything, and you click the Dev Mode button, you can see all of your data that is there.

The data is there, but the way that you have created the Speckle Object seems wrong.

Something is not right with the Tree structure in the grasshopper. Can you use the Param Viewer and share the Tree Structure from the three inputs in ESOKV component?

1 Like

Take a look at previous answers we have given on this - it is a tricky topic and we’ll be making sure to add these tips to the Docs when they get a refresh

1 Like

Thank you, @Nikos and @jonathon.

After reviewing the information in this post,

I changed the data structure so that each object is a Speckle Brep,

and now I can filter by properties. Now I have another question: how can I create range filters or change the colors of the filters? Or would I need to switch to another program like Power BI for this?

Entirely possible - this example:

The Number property was added as a… number value, and the Speckle front end interprets a prop in this way, using all numerical values.

Regarding your second question, we do not yet have a customisation of the colour filters used.

Forgive the entwine step (the example was close to hand), but the mouseover shows that the values applying to Number are numbers, and the values applying to Type are strings.

So in your example I am presupposing that those numbers are being sent as text.

Thank you so much. That was it. The variables were transferred as strings, not as numbers.

1 Like