CSI Node and CSIElement 2D

• Issue: CSI node and Element 2D throw errors which don’t accept my input geometry.

There are no null objects and the non csi version of these nodes seem to accept my geometry just fine

• Example:

Do we have any available example file that completely works with these components?

I can’t get loads to work either right now but there are no error messages on that end.

I can’t get these nodes to work on my work PC, home PC, or M1 Mac.

-TN

Hey Tushar,

We’ll investigate and get back to you - it seems like something slipped!

Hey @Tushar_Nagananda it seems that the CSIDiaphragm should not be empty - we will fix it in the next release, but this should unblock things for now!

Apologies these nodes are a bit rusty and buggy, we’d love to get them to a better state with yoru feedback!

So that removes all my red errors now, thank you, I have a new issue.

the 2D elements are being created but the properties are not being assigned.

In the image attached, you can see a list of speckle CSI Element 2D output but the material and section properties are not being assigned.

I have highlighted what I assume is expected from the 1D elements (1D + properties)

not sure what to do since there are no error messages. I tried deckslab as well as slab properties and I mixed and matched other material assignments to see if it would work.

Apologies these nodes are a bit rusty and buggy, we’d love to get them to a better state with yoru feedback!

of course. Its helpful for everyone to walk through some debugging here! I hope I can get some workflows public so there is a larger CSI userbase since its so ubiquitous.

I made a webapp for my office at work, so I feel you on rust/ feedback. I had a lot of comments too

2 Likes

Gotcha, almost there :crossed_fingers: could you please share a minimal reproducible script?
I’ll then debug some more and see what’s up!

1 Like

Sure. I’ll take it down later but it’s just a tutorial model for a video I will make in the future.

figure8_infinityPavilion.gh (80.3 KB)
figure8_infinityPavilion.3dm (38.5 KB)

I’m far from an expert on GH / rhino things but its more or less a showcase of workflow.

2 Likes