Creating a new Speckle app - running into issues

Hello, I have been making a few attempts to get through the ‘Creating your Own App’ tutorial and so far have not been able to Authenticating with the Server. I create the .env.local file, speckleUtil.js, and update the store/index.js and app.vue files.

At this point I get an error "Compiled with problems:X

ERROR in ./src/App.vue?vue&type=template&id=7ba5bd90&lang=html& (./node_modules/@vue/vue-loader-v15/lib/loaders/templateLoader.js??vue-loader-options!./node_modules/@vue/vue-loader-v15/lib/index.js??vue-loader-options!./src/App.vue?vue&type=template&id=7ba5bd90&lang=html&) 21:23-50

Module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘@/assets/img.png’ in ‘C:\Users\erik\Dropbox\Source\Repos\SpeckleApp\speckle-demo-app\src’

ERROR

C:\Users\erik\Dropbox\Source\Repos\SpeckleApp\speckle-demo-app\src\store\index.js
6:3 error ‘getUserData’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars
18:12 error ‘context’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars

:heavy_multiplication_x: 2 problems (2 errors, 0 warnings)’

I understand the img.png needs to change to logo.png but am stuck on the other two errors. Hopefully that is clear, appreciate assistance getting past this point. Thanks!

Hm, hey @erik_l! I’ll have a look today or tomorrow at this. Our tutorial might be a bit outdated. Nevertheless, the reported errors seem actually harmless and might be just linting gone crazy.

Can you try the following:

18:12 error ‘context’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars

it’s probably this line here

I’d add a console.log(context) to just use it and see if the error goes away.

6:3 error ‘getUserData’ is defined but never used no-unused-vars

Just remove the line above from the import statement.

Generally i’m confused - theoretically linting should not be that draconic, and this rule is especially turned off :upside_down_face:

Thanks for the steps, that did move me ahead. Adding the console.log(context) did help but removing ‘getUserData’ caused another error. I was able to compile with it in place and proceed from there.

Now when I click login I complete the authentication on the Speckle server but the redirect URL page shows this error “Cannot GET /auth/%20http://localhost:8080”

Thanks for the support, learning some things along the way. Cheers

I decided to clone the repo from Github for specklesystems/speckle-demo-app again and I was able to get the demo app authenticated and working.

Thanks again for the help

1 Like

Okay, this might be hairy. Are you up for a call later today? I have no clue what time zone you’re on!