Civil 3d error when sending data

@teocomi Hello, can you help me with this?

Could not load file or assembly ‘Sentry, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=fba2ec45388e2af0’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Objects.ObjectsKit.LoadConverter(String app)
at Speckle.ConnectorAutocadCivil.UI.ConnectorBindingsAutocad.d__26.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\ConnectorAutocadCivil\ConnectorAutocadCivil\UI\ConnectorBindingsAutocadCivil.cs:line 0
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Speckle.DesktopUI.Streams.StreamsRepository.d__2.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\DesktopUI\DesktopUI\Streams\StreamsRepository.cs:line 22

Hello @Alessandro_Buscema , it seems that maybe something went wrong during the installation.

Can you please:

• share what version of the connector you have installed
  • close any software using Speckle
  • uninstall the current connector and then install the latest version
  • let us know if it’s resolved!

Thanks for the reply.
I’ve installed Speckle for Revit 2.1.27.6220 and Speckle for Civil 3D 2.1.29.6366

I have this same error - is there a solution for it? I have installed the same versions as Alessandro above. I have reinstalled Speckle Manager and the connectors but still get the same error. Please help.

Hey @Dan_Johnson , sorry about that!

We have just made a beta release (2.1.30), maybe you could do a quick test with that?

Here’s how to enable betas: Speckle Manager | Speckle Docs

Please make sure all autodesk software are closed when installing it (ideally after a reboot, to make sure no background processes are not preventing a correct installation).

Let me know how it goes!

I reinstalled with the Beta options ‘On’ and it sent data ok. Now when I hit recieve in Revit I get a different error:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, Object[] index)
at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.Dict2Base(Dictionary`2 dictObj)
at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.ConvertJsonElement(JsonElement doc)
at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.ConvertJsonElement(JsonElement doc)
at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.DeserializeTransportObject(String objectJson)
at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.Deserialize(String rootObjectJson)
at Speckle.Core.Api.Operations.d__3.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Speckle.ConnectorRevit.UI.ConnectorBindingsRevit.d__5.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\ConnectorRevit\ConnectorRevit\UI\ConnectorBindingsRevit.Receive.cs:line 62
at Speckle.DesktopUI.Streams.StreamsRepository.d__3.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\DesktopUI\DesktopUI\Streams\StreamsRepository.cs:line 46

Thanks @Dan_Johnson we’ll investigate and will let you know. Sorry about that!

Thanks so very much! :grinning:

Hi @Dan_Johnson ,

This last error seems related to the new deserialization.

Can you share the stream that you are testing on, so that we can reproduce the issue? (Either make it public and link it here or in private message, or add me as a collaborator)

Thanks,
Cristian Balas

Hi

I’m experiencing the same problem when trying to receive in Revit (same error message as Dan).
Side note: I also went through the same steps as in this thread. Installed Beta versions for Revit and Civil 3D as I got the same error in Civil 3D. The beta version resolved it on the Civil 3D side.

@cristi - I added you as a contributor on my stream.

Hello,
Thanks for the example stream.

We identified the issue and an update will come soon.

1 Like

Thank you. Much apreciated.

Perfect. Thank you guys. If the beta version is enabled, updates come automatically correct?

Hi! Not really, you’ll still need to update yourself! The latest version is 2.2.0 - I suspect that’s the latest one that includes the fix. If not the team will correct me!

Have installed the beta 2.2.0 version, created a new stream in Civil3D and sent. Receive seemed to go well and successfully but I can’t find any evidence of any pipe networks or pipes or pipe structures anywhere in my Revit model. I must be missing something.

Hey Dan, could you please share the stream or c3d file so we can have a look at what’s happening? Cc @clrkng

Hi Dan,

I’m fairly certain that your pipes are not coming in because they are located very far away from the origin - I believe Revit has a 10mile/16km radius limit from a project’s internal origin, and it looks like some of your pipe endpoint coordinates are around 4.9million meters.

The C3D connector doesn’t currently handle project base point or survey points: is this something that would be useful for C3D → Revit interop?

1 Like

Absolutely - when dealing with underground services for a project, the survey points can be anywhere. We usually try to work within Revit’s limits which is 10mile/16km limit but C3D projects can be outside of that. Not sure how you would handle that but I’m sure a solution could be worked out.

2 Likes

Even if for example C3D Pipe Networks are brought in with Speckle - we might still need to link in C3D files into Revit for other information such as topo, roadworks, misc annotations and other stuff. These files would all be geolocated and need to be brought in with correct coordinates, just like Speckle converted objects.

2 Likes

Thanks @Dan_Johnson !

We’ve created an issue to track this and will discuss internally how to best tackle it, unfortunately, it’s not a simple fix given how other AEC software handle base, survey, and internal points…

:pray: Appreciate your feedback!