Can not load ArcGIS connector after upgrade to 2.10.4 version

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone encounter the same problem that i’m facing?
I couldn’t load my Speckle connector once I upgraded it to the 2.10.4 version.
Hope there is a solution to fix it…

Please find the error message shown after failed loading the connector below.

Here is the full error message:

‘speckle_toolbox_.Speckle’

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\Speckle.pyt

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\speckle\speckle_arcgis.py”, line 16, in
from speckle.converter.layers.init import convertSelectedLayers, layerToNative, cadLayerToNative, bimLayerToNative
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\speckle\converter\layers_init_.py”, line 10, in
from speckle.converter.layers.feature import featureToNative, featureToSpeckle, cadFeatureToNative, bimFeatureToNative, rasterFeatureToSpeckle
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\speckle\converter\layers\feature.py”, line 12, in
from speckle.converter.geometry.init import convertToSpeckle, convertToNative, convertToNativeMulti
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\speckle\converter\geometry_init_.py”, line 8, in
from speckle.converter.geometry.polygon import polygonToNative, polygonToSpeckle, multiPolygonToSpeckle
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\speckle\converter\geometry\polygon.py”, line 8, in
from speckle.converter.geometry.mesh import rasterToMesh
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\speckle\converter\geometry\mesh.py”, line 8, in
from speckle.converter.layers.utils import get_scale_factor
File “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-speckle\lib\site-packages\speckle_toolbox\esri\toolboxes\speckle\converter\layers\utils.py”, line 33, in
def getLayerAttributes(featuresList: List[Base], attrsToRemove: List[str] = ATTRS_REMOVE ) → dict[str, str]:
TypeError: ‘type’ object is not subscriptable

1 Like

Welcome to our community and thanks for the report @PeiChinLin !

This connector is still in very early stages of development, we appreciate your patience with it :slight_smile:

Most of us are off for the holidays, but we’ll make sure to look into this as we get back, feel free to downgrade in the meantime if it solves your problems!

1 Like

Hi @PeiChinLin ! May I ask what version of Arcgis Pro are you using and what Python version is your conda environment using? You can check this through Package Manager → Active Environment → Settings:

Also, in case you recently updated Arcgis Pro after having Speckle connector installed, you can delete the “arcgispro-py3-speckle” conda environment from the list in the screenshot above, exit arcgis, and install Speckle connector from Speckle Manager again.

With all the latest updates in Speckle and in Arcgis, this error should not appear, but let us know if it persists :pray:

2 Likes