Blender error: AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'me'

Hi guys,
my blender plugin stopped working and throws the following error when I try send or receive:

Blender 2.93.6
Connector 2.2.3
Manager 2.1.11

I already reinstalled blender and the blender plugin without change.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\#\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators\streams.py", line 443, in execute
    transport = ServerTransport(stream.id, client)
  File "C:\Users\#\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\modules\specklepy\transports\server\server.py", line 25, in __init__
    if not client.me:
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'me'

Hiya,

Sorry to hear you’re having problems!

This error is a bit strange as it looks like you may be on an older version of specklepy. Could you please check in your \AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\modules folder and see what version of specklepy you have? It should be 2.4.0.

If it’s anything before 2.4.0 then try deleting the folder and uninstalling & realinstalling one more time. This should force it to update to the latest version.

If this isn’t the issue, perhaps we could hop on a quick debug call so I can try and work out what’s going on?

2 Likes

Apparently I had those two versions installed:
specklepy-2.3.5.dist-info
specklepy-2.4.0.dist-info
specklepy

I deleted those folders, reinstalled the plugin and everything is working again, thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Ah! Interesting, I’ll have to have a look at the installer so this doesn’t happen again.

Anyhow, I’m very happy it’s working for you again! Glad I could help :relaxed:

1 Like