Blender Connector doesnt work on Addons

Hi, after trying to figure out why the connector is not visible in Blender 3.3 I had to uninstall it and to download the 2.93 version.

However, while now it is visible it shows me an ERROR

from bpy_speckle.convert.to_speckle import (
File “C:\Users\Or\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\convert_init_.py”, line 1, in
from bpy_speckle.convert.to_native import convert_to_native
File “C:\Users\Or\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\convert\to_native.py”, line 41, in
def convert_to_native(speckle_object: Base, name: str = None) → list | Object | None:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for |: ‘type’ and ‘bpy_struct_meta_idprop’

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\BlenderFoundation.Blender2.93LTS_2.93.111.0_x64__ppwjx1n5r4v9t\Blender\2.93\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\Or\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle_init_.py”, line 26, in
from bpy_speckle.operators import *
File “C:\Users\Or\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators_init_.py”, line 2, in
from .object import (
File “C:\Users\Or\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\operators\object.py”, line 7, in
from bpy_speckle.convert.to_speckle import (
File “C:\Users\Or\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\convert_init_.py”, line 1, in
from bpy_speckle.convert.to_native import convert_to_native
File “C:\Users\Or\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\bpy_speckle\convert\to_native.py”, line 41, in
def convert_to_native(speckle_object: Base, name: str = None) → list | Object | None:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for |: ‘type’ and ‘bpy_struct_meta_idprop’

What shall I do?

Hi @OrNaeh

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
We caught a bug a few days ago with the Speckle connector on blender 2.93.

I’ve just pushed a 2.9.1 update, that should fix this issue.

Please can you refresh and update to 2.9.1 from Speckle Manager!

As for Blender 3.3, we are looking to add support for Blender 3.3 and 3.4 in the upcoming Speckle 2.10 release. You should see a 2.10.0-beta version come out very soon (by the end of the week). This will add support for blender 3.3.

Until then, our currently supported versions of blender are 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2.

Please let us know if you run into any further issues.

3 Likes

Ah, I had already a 3.3 when I tried to update/install the connector.
It failed to install and finally said something about Blender not installed.

Although I have a fake Blender 2.9 Settings directory, but no real 2.9 installation,
where I could extract the Connector AddOn for my 3.3 RC and 3.5 Alpha.

And I see that older Beta 2.9.0 Beta2 AddOn files do no more work to activate
in both, latest 3.3 and 3.5.
AFAIK the only Blender Version on ARM Mac where I was able to install
was 3.4 (Beta?) from a 1-2 weeks ago.

So, as Connector installation via Speckle Manager isn’t always that easy,
would it be possible for the meantime to offer the Connector AddOn folders
by a direct download ?
Last time I was able to extract and prepare the folders needed for Blender
Settings from the Speckle Folder in hidden .config folder.
But with the new Manager, these files seem to have gone (?), at least I am
no more able to find any …

Hi all,

I have a problem with Blender connector. After installation I can’t open Blender.
I’ve tried with different versions of Blender Connector and Blender.
Can you maybe help me?

Mirko

Hi @mirko.maccarronello
Sorry for the troubles, hopefully we can resolve this for you quickly.

Does the Blender application never load up after installing our connector? :astonished:

Please could you send me a list/screenshot of what third-party addons you have installed.

You can check by sending me a screenshot of the following directory.

Win: C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\{ver}\scripts\addons
Mac: /Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/Blender/{ver}/scripts/addons

Could you also let me know what version of the Blender connector you are using, and whether you have accounts added in Speckle Manager?

Hi Jedd,
any additonal addons:

I tried the Blender 3.3 but now I’m trying Blender 2.93 and for the Blender connector the last 2.11.2 but also the previus ones (from the Speckle Manager and also manual installation)

Thanks

Mirko

Thanks Mirko.
Please could you zip and send me your addons folder (via private dm) so I can inspect what version of the connector/dependencies actually got installed.

My suspicion is that there are some files hanging around from a previous version of our blender connector that aren’t being removed.

If you happen to know what version you had installed previously (Before upgrading to a 2.11.X version) that would be a real help. (but no worries if you don’t know)

Once you have done this. Could you follow these steps.

1. uninstall the blender connector through manager
  2. delete all the files inside scripts/addons
  3. reinstall the latest blender connector
  4. start blender and enable the Speckle Blender plugin (preferences → addons)