Beta Testing Features

Thank you! It looks good and works like a charm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Insiders !

We have just released v2.1.30-beta of the Connectors.
This release contains some major changes in the serialization and deserialization logic giving us some impressive speed improvements :rocket::rocket::rocket::

• serialization 2-10x
  • deserialization 3-10x
  • server upload 4x

All of this thanks to @cristi 's magic! :man_mage:

:point_right: Please update all connectors and help us test them!

You can report any issues you find down below.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26vUzl3ufQxx9dims/giphy.gif

4 Likes

I’ve updated to the beta connectors and now I get an error in Revit when receiving a stream made in GH. It contains 4 Speckle walls. @teocomi: I made you owner of the stream (GH > Revit walls test).

The error in Revit:

One or more errors occurred.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.ConvertJsonElement(JsonElement doc)
   at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.ConvertJsonElement(JsonElement doc)
   at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.DeserializeTransportObject(String objectJson)
   at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.Deserialize(String rootObjectJson)
   at Speckle.Core.Api.Operations.<Receive>d__3.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Speckle.ConnectorRevit.UI.ConnectorBindingsRevit.<ReceiveStream>d__5.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\ConnectorRevit\ConnectorRevit\UI\ConnectorBindingsRevit.Receive.cs:line 62
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Speckle.DesktopUI.Streams.StreamsRepository.<ConvertAndReceive>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\DesktopUI\DesktopUI\Streams\StreamsRepository.cs:line 46
2 Likes

Thanks @JdB, I was actually just reporting this on our private Discord.

Seems like our new and improved deserialiser is angry about something… :sweat_smile: We’ll post here when we’ve found a solution (and likely, deploy a new beta version)

If you need to “Roll back” to the latest sable version, just deactivate the option for beta releases. Then uninstall the beta ones and you should be able to install the stable ones instead.

1 Like

Hello again @Testers!!

We just released version 2.2.0-beta that fixes the issue reported by @JdB. This was preventing any newly sent object from being received.

Enjoy the performance improvements! :rocket:

4 Likes

When receiving the stream in different Revit I get an error. Hopefully the information below helps and let me know if I can check anything else.

Manager: v2.1.3
Connectors for Rhino and Revit: 2.2.0-BETA

I created the following public stream in Rhino 7, which contains a Speckle floor: Speckle

When receiving the stream in Revit 2019, I get this error:

Array cannot be null.
   at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.GetClosures(String rootObjectJson)
   at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.Deserialize(String rootObjectJson)
   at Speckle.ConnectorRevit.UI.ConnectorBindingsRevit.<ReceiveStream>d__5.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\ConnectorRevit\ConnectorRevit\UI\ConnectorBindingsRevit.Receive.cs:line 62
   at Speckle.DesktopUI.Streams.StreamsRepository.<ConvertAndReceive>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\DesktopUI\DesktopUI\Streams\StreamsRepository.cs:line 46

When receiving in Revit 2020, this is the error:

The type initializer for 'System.MemoryExtensions' threw an exception.
   at System.Text.Json.JsonDocument.Parse(ReadOnlyMemory`1 json, JsonDocumentOptions options)
   at System.Text.Json.JsonDocument.Parse(String json, JsonDocumentOptions options)
   at Speckle.Core.Serialisation.BaseObjectDeserializerV2.DeserializeTransportObject(String objectJson)

When receiving the stream in Revit 2021, Revit crashes:

1 Like

Sorry for the spam, but I think it would be good to also share this one. The online viewer doesn’t show the model in Firefox on my end. It still works perfectly fine in chrome and edge.

1 Like

Hey @JdB I can replicate your bug (but only in 2019), we are looking into it!
Ping @dimitrie re viewer.

Thanks a bunch as always!!!

1 Like

I would like to become a tester, please!

1 Like

@JdB it turns out an addin shipped with Revit was conflicting with one of our dependencies, could you please try with 2.2.1-beta when you get a chance?

@bcall invited! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am interested to be a tester. Loving the product and the community is awesome

Cool, check your inbox for an invite to latest.speckle.dev :sunglasses: currently we’ve just pushed out a release, so there’s not much difference between the bleeding edge and the stable https://speckle.xyz, but as we go ahead things will diverge.

1 Like

For Revit 2020 and 2021 the new beta works like a charm (for 1 floor from Rhino to Revit)! :sunglasses:

Revit 2019 gives an error. I have polluted that version of Revit with to much addins, which might cause the error :sweat_smile:. Would you like me to run some script to get a proper overview of all addins and dependencies?

Screenshot of my Revit 2019 top bar (showing a bunch of the addins):

The error in Revit 2019:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Text.Json, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   at Speckle.Core.Api.Operations.Receive(String objectId, CancellationToken cancellationToken, ITransport remoteTransport, ITransport localTransport, Action`1 onProgressAction, Action`2 onErrorAction, Action`1 onTotalChildrenCountKnown, Boolean disposeTransports, SerializerVersion serializerVersion)

Hey @JdB I think that’s not needed, as we’ve already completely removed the dependency on System.Text.Json so that error will go away soon :slight_smile:
Since you also posted this message, con you confirm you still have problems sending with the latest beta release?

Sounds good!

That post is based on the latest beta release or am I missing something? As mentioned in that post I’m using this version:

Gotcha, so you can now receive but still have issues sending… We’ll do more digging!

1 Like

Hey I’m interested in being a tester. Just getting my head around it atm and testing how I can use it on projects.

2 Likes

Hi @davewilson! I’ll send over an invite for https://latest.speckle.dev in a bit; currently the caveat applies: bleeding edge = what’s released on the general availability server at https://speckle.xyz.

We’re going to be pushing out some new beta releases soon-ish, so stay tuned for the desktop side of things too!

1 Like

Hey Jeroen, @JdB

When you get a chance, could you please see if this nasty error has gone away after installing 2.2.2-beta?
If not, let’s coordinate a quick video call via email :roll_eyes:

1 Like

For Revit 2019 and 2020 it is fixed! However, Revit 2021 crashes when I click the “Create a new stream” button.

1 Like