Automate Revit Commit

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if somebody manage to have one of his streams updated automatically on a regular basis.
I am talking for example of Revit exports of some elements. Is there a way to automate a commit like every day or once a week?

As an example, I have some Revit plugins already that are able to open a revit model alone, do some ifc , pdf and nwc export and close revit. Would something similar be doable with speckle commit/stream-update ? Did anybody already work on that ? Would love to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @BaudouinNP!

There sure is! (EDIT: It seems like our scheduler does not support this ATM, but I don’t see why this couldn’t be added) Revit | Speckle Docs

This would still require Revit to be open at that day/time.

As for running automatically, it’s an interesting idea. We’ve played with this concept in the past to try an run automated tests in Revit, but haven’t had any plans to make anything of it.

Maybe @teocomi or @connor can give you a bit more details of the state of the Scheduler, but afaik it should work as expected :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As Alan says, there is no time-based trigger in the Scheduler.

What you mention @BaudouinNP is totally possible, it’d probably be a desktop tool that programmatically opens up Revit and sends to Speckle, and maybe could be used for batch sending multiple models too…

Maybe something we could hack as a side project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep exactly !
I just checked just scheduler ! Looks already great !
I guess as you said, it shouldn’t be to complicated :slight_smile: That could be a great hack !

1 Like