ArchiCAD connectors

Hello guys,
This is really awesome. Here in Switzerland, like some other parts in Europe, Archicad is the main tool used by architects and in our lab we use it a lot. We are definitely looking forward to use this connector :slight_smile:
Just a question : do we have an approximate timeline for when will we be able to test it ? An alpha version release for example ? We will be delighted to be among the first testers.
Again, thanks for the big news and the great work behind :raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

This is so exciting! Thanks for this big effort. One quick question. Would it be multiplatform or windows only? There’s a big community of Archicad users in Mac.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hey @j.beneitez, I haven’t personally tested it, but it should run on a Mac too! :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Great news indeed!!! Thanks for the quick response and happy to help testing if you find it useful

2 Likes

Hi,community! Looking forward for the next amazing bridge to connect our combined workflows :tada: :stuck_out_tongue:
Any information on how to access to alpha testing? Would definitely love to give it a try :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I think it’s not ready yet for public consumption, but stay tuned!

2 Likes

Staying very tuned :slight_smile: I wonder if the stream will be able to run on the bimserver models or is it for solo projects?

2 Likes

Any news about alpha release date?

Hey dear speckle team! just wanted to try out the archicad alpha version connector but I cannot access to the website/guide to get started. Cheerss!

If we’re lucky it’ll be inside one of our Easter Eggs :hatching_chick:! Or just shortly after :wink:

Is there any specific workflow or feature you were looking to test it on?

@Oswaldo_Hernandez oh no, what link did you click?

1 Like

Sounds good!
My personal goal is to connect Archicad and Revit with Speckle.

1 Like

Hey @teocomi ! just read that it will come along with the new 2.5 connector version. Thought it was released already. Thanks for replying!

1 Like

Where do you download the Speckle-Archicad connector for Mac? I can’t find it anywhere.

Hey @Sebastian_Monroe, appreciate your enthusiasm! We’ve yet to get the installer for mac going - mind you, this is very alpha connector! You can track our progress on the issue here: ArchiCAD installer for Mac · Issue #1144 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub

404 error when trying to install the Archicad connector…

i´m a little bit confused with the speckle manager version. This is a freshly installed manager, and even manager V2.5 has been announced, still appears as v.2.2.1 here…

For windows, can you try downloading the installer from this link?

oh, this one has dowloaded it!

this one doesn´t though
https://speckle-releases.netlify.app/

thanks @dimitrie

I noticed, that’s why i trawled for the direct link for you :sunglasses: we’ll fix these things up. Obligatory reference meme.

2 Likes

Advice for weekend Archicad freaks, apparently the addon still needs to be officially approve by our beloved Graphisoft and its politics of paving the way to a rich and diverse addon ecosystem :roll_eyes:

So, when running ArchiCAD as usual (with license running), speckle connector will be refused

So seems that speckle connector currently only runs on Archicad in DEMO mode. So in order to make Archicad run in DEMO mode (be careful, work done in this mode will not be saved !! ) you need to upload your Archicad license using “GS license manager tool”, then in the command line run those to commands

cd “C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 25”

./ARCHICAD.exe -DEMO

this has been my experience

thanks people from speckle, amazing team, amazing product :slightly_smiling_face: :muscle:

3 Likes

I have some problems running this connector. As far as I can tell it installs fine but when I run the connector a window breifly flashes and then nothing. I run ArchiCAD 25 as administrator in demo mode on Windows 11. Any ideas how to solve this?