Archicad 27 Build 5060 Installation Problem

While testing the Speckle connection between Archicad and Revit, a major issue occurred: The Add-On was not compatible with Archicad 27 Build (GER) 5060, causing Archicad can not start. Error from german translated “Plug-in can not be found: Interne Rendering Engine”

I uninstalled Archicad and deleted all related folders (e.g., in C:\Users\xxx\Documents and AppData), but without success. The solution was eventually found by deleting certain registry entries using REGEDIT: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD\27.0.0 GER R1\Add-On Manager\Default Location.

Now that I can start Archicad, I add the plugin file manually from “C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Speckle\Archicad\27”, the plugin still can not started, error: “Can’t start Speckle UI”

Any support will be thankful

I have it solved!
after delete the Registry Entry, I manually add the addon (under AppData/Roaming/Speckle/Archicad 27) with addon manager.

Thanks for the update - good to hear you resolved it. If you still have a snapshot of the contents of that registry entry before it was deleted, could you post it for our information? Otherwise, please take one if it happens again. It might help us diagnose the cause of the problem.

For background, Archicad usually only looks in its own Add-Ons directory for add-ons, but it can be directed to look in other locations. Any alternative paths on Windows are stored in this registry entry. I suspect that something was wrong with the entry (or perhaps the path was missing) so that Archicad no longer found the Speckle add-on.

I thought the problem would be that I had specified the extra Addon folder- the one you see now in screenshot- but it actually not.
I tried again with default setting but it still happened.

Do you have something like the attached entry?

yes, ~70 of them, mostly standard from graphisoft

If the problem strikes again, could you check if the Speckle path is in this entry? And grab a snapshot if you spot any irregularities. I suspect an inability to load the add-on might originate from a problem with this entry, but it would be reassuring if I could prove it.

1 Like

Could it be a problem with admin rights ? I didn’t install the manager with admin rights because it didn’t required and when the admin come to install it with the admin user, the addon will be saved under his user folder.

it happened again today after I update the addon. screenshot:

What solved the problem:
Delete the “Default Location” entry, then I can open Archicad and add the Speckle plugin manually with the Addon Manager.
I think something happened with the first loading of the plugin, only work the second time.

I lost 2 screenshot because new user can not upload 3 at a time.
before I solved the problem, there are a list of ~70 addon, Speckle was in it, nothing weird.
After solving the problem it looks now like your screenshot, only speckle but I still actually have all addon I want

Thanks for letting me know - every piece of information is helpful.

I would also like to know if you have any add-ons installed outside the Archicad Add-Ons folder apart from Speckle. Possibly we could avoid this problem by simply installing to the Add-Ons directory.

yes I have a Add-On which I developed and stored in the personal Documents folder. May be it will solve the problem. Honestly I did try that: clear the registry, make Archicad runs again, set the additional folder for addon to default (so my Add on was ignored) , then install Speckle. The problem was still there. But may be I missed one or other step.