Upload in Revit: "Conversion returned null" of single Objects

Hi Community,

Unfortunately, the upload only works partially. For a few objects I get the message “Conversion returned null”. I’ve already looked online, but haven’t found a solution to the problem. Do you know a way to solve the problem?

Hey @Pres-Essbach ,

Welcome to the forum, would you be able to provide us with a sample file so we can debug this issue? You can send a DM if it’s confidential :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, what version of the plugin and of Revit are you using?

Welcome to the Speckle community @Pres-Essbach.

We’re always increasing the supported elements - it’s getting better all the time.

Are you able to identify which elements are missing or not converting? We can check if they should already be supported but you having difficulty or if they are on the target list for upcoming releases.

Thank you for the fast respond. I added some Screenshots. Before you ask: it’s a project- and not a family-file.

I read my reply I sent yesterday. I guess, I forgot to describe the pictures a bit:
The first picture is the uploaded file. The second picture shows the whole BIM-Model. The last picture shows the report of the upload.

Understood. I’ve sent a message asking if you can share a test file.

I can replicate the missed element conversions you were seeing when using the v2.9.3 Revit connector :speckle: :sob:

The good news :blue_heart: is, that the 2.10 version we are about to release and currently testing will export the socket, backbox and switch in addition to the frame! :speckle: :smile:

If you’d like to try it out, you can install the latest beta version from Speckle Manager

And from there, its always best to select the newest of the betas.

Or, you can wait until we have released it as stable next week and just hit update in Manager!

4 Likes

@Pres-Essbach having tested further, while the current beta will push these elements to Speckle, we still need to back-to-back that conversion to Revit.

From that successful commit, receiving back in Revit will only convert the frame.

We know about it and we’ll continue to improve the conversions in both directions!

Do I see some Ambient Occlusion already ?

2 Likes

and if you check it on latest, you will get amazing 10x better progressive ambient occlusion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like it :slight_smile:

Looks much better.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast replys and for the work-around solution :slight_smile:

1 Like