Unreal-Speckle plugin sees only branches of public streams

Hi Jedd,

should be the project “public” in order for the ue4-speckle-plugin to fetch the branches ?

Best,
Dimitrios

To fetch branches on a private stream, you need to authenticate.

On master, we are doing authentiction by requireing the user to enter an auth token.

We are also not fetching branches, so I assume then you are using Panos’ panel code that’s currently on specklesystems/speckle-unreal/tree/speckle-panel.
If so, I can take a look and see if how he implemented auth.

1 Like

Thanks Jedd,
I have further evolved Panos plugin to support also colors, and some more Speckle fields such as updatedAt and similar. I am attaching the current code as a zip here if you want to see the latest. It is on my plans, when you will divide the project from the plugin, to fork the plugin and make some pull requests. Best, Dimitrios.

1 Like

Hi Jedd,

I have checked Panagiotis code and it seems ok.
The issue should be from Speckle side GraphQL API. Can you try with curl to fetch the branches of a private stream?
Respond to another query that I have made: https://speckle.community/t/not-possible-to-fetch-private-stream-branches-using-graphql-api/1998

Finally got it. Speckle Manager was not propageting across Maps, so I had to provide the Bearer on the Speckle Manager of each Map.

So indeed there was no problem in Panos map, but neither in Speckle API. The problem was a logical inside the setup of my project.

Thanks anyway.
Best,
Dimitrios

1 Like

Hi Dimitrios.

Glad to hear that you’ve found the source of the problem.

Unreal will be my focus next week, first thing I’ll do is restructure the repo and take a look at some of the improvements Panos and you have made. Thank you for your patience.

Nice to hear that. Please split the project into Demo Project and Plugin, otherwise it is not possible to develop in parallel and make git merges. Thanks, D. Nice weekend.

1 Like

Hi Dimitrios.

Thanks for your patience. I’ve restructured the repo as we agreed.

As for your question on roadmaps, I’m just preparing or plans for Speckle-Unreal so you should see a forum post about it soon enough.

Thanks for everything!
Jedd

1 Like

Thanks Jeg,
I will see it asap
Best,
Dimitrios