Speckle V2 installer for Dynamo for Civil3D

Hi,

Is there a way to install Speckle V2 for Dynamo for Civil 3D?

I have Speckle V2 installed for C3D, but this isn’t as useful as for Dynamo For C3D. Speckle Manager 2 doesn’t have any options to install for Dynamo For C3D.

I recall in Speckle V1, the install location looked in the wrong folder for Dynamo for C3D as this is different to standard Dynamo for Revit.

Dynamo for Civil 3D install is located here:
C:\Users\joe.landers\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2021\Dynamo\

However Speckle V2 installs in here:
C:\Users\joe.landers\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\

For info,

I have copied across the file from

The Speckle V2 install for Revit,
C:\Users\joe.landers\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.5\packages\SpeckleDynamo2

and pasted into the a new folder I have created within the Dynamo for C3D folder
C:\Users\joe.landers\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2021\Dynamo\2.5\packages\SpeckleDynamo2

Once I reopened Dynamo within C3D it worked. The Speckle 2 package appeared within Dynamo for C3D, and allowed me to connect to my Speckle V2 account within Dynamo for C3D and send/receive to my streams.

It would be much appreciated if this could be officially added to the Speckle Manager 2 installer

Note: I have used the 2.5 versions as that is the latest version of Dynamo For C3D that is installed on my machine.

Hi @Joe_Landers , welcome to the community! This is a great point, we can look into packaging the Dynamo connector as part of the C3D installer.

Out of curiosity, do you have a suggestion for making the native C3D connector more useful and more closely aligned with dynamo for C3D?

Now that I have Speckle V2 installed to Dynamo for Civil 3D I will give it a bit of a test and report back to you.

I’m a geotechnical engineer in Arup.

I recently went on the Speckle Digital Disruption course in Arup, run by Fernando Ruiz, and have lots of ideas of sending geometry using Speckle which involves linking it with geotechnical design parameters in line with AGSi.

Amazing, sounds like you’ll have some great feedback to share - definitely follow up here after you’ve poked around for a bit.

Also, if you have a few minutes, it would be great to see you on our introductions thread so the rest of the community can meet you!

i am new here and saw the power of speckle and the first thing in my mind: try that out! unfortunately I cannot find the scripts for testing. maybe I am blind, don’t know. We have developed Dynamo scripts for that, also exporting pressure pipes from civil3d and importing them as families to Revit. The problem is that with the new release of Dynamo/Revit you have to do all nodes nearly from scratch as it is not working. IS it possible that i can give a try for 2.0 of your plugin? Have all a great day, keep healthy!

P.S.: found it in the docs area :smiley:

1 Like