Send Structural Column is not available in Revit 2020

Hello!

I tried to send a stream my model to Speckle server. Everything is good except Structural Column elements.

I tried in Revit2020, Speckle 2.4.0.

Here is the error report.
(New interface only provided limited information in the report, I used old interface.)

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Object.GetType()
   at Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.CurveToSpeckle(Curve curve, String units)
   at Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.TryGetLocationAsCurve(FamilyInstance familyInstance)
   at Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.ColumnToSpeckle(FamilyInstance revitColumn)
   at Objects.Converter.Revit.ConverterRevit.ConvertToSpeckle(Object object)
   at Speckle.ConnectorRevit.UI.ConnectorBindingsRevit.<SendStream>d__9.MoveNext() in C:\Users\circleci\project\ConnectorRevit\ConnectorRevit\UI\ConnectorBindingsRevit.Send.cs:line 85

Hello @DY-Lim ,

I’ll take a look at it, but to help speed thing up faster would it be possible to share with us the Revit file directly.

Update: i’m not able to reproduce the error directly.

Cheers,
Reynold

2 Likes

Thank you, @Reynold_Chan.

I tried again, but I still unable to upload to the server.
Please refer to the attached file for your review.

Errormodel.rvt (5.3 MB)

Best,
DY

Hello @DY-Lim ,

thanks for sending the file over. Got it figured it out. The quick fix without waiting for a release is that when you’re building your revit elements to enable your Analytical Model. This is a bug though on our side since we have methods to follow through if you don’t have an analytical model. Thanks for catching this though.

Here’s your commit ^

Cheers,
Reynold

2 Likes