Receive Revit update data automatically in PowerBi

Hello everyone,

• Objective: Receive Revit update data automatically in PowerBi

• Issue: Every time I send a new date I have to update the link manually in PowerBi

• Example: I sent revit data, but I need to make a change to the model and I want this data in my bi, but I have to go to the source on bi and update the link.

I can’t use the folder link, only the specific model link. If you could use the folder link, I believe you would be able to update Powerbi more easily.

• Speckle link folder: Speckle
  • Speckle link specific model link: Speckle
1 Like

Hey @otavioesteves1 ,

Welcome to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: to the community if you want to! :grinning:

You can use Model(Branch) links to import your Revit model into Power BI. This was explained in the video below. Let us know if you face any issues.

Hello, @gokermu :grinning:

I already tried this video. I might be wrong in some basic step, sorry about that.
let me try to explain better:

When I try to pull the branch it doesn’t work, it’s missing data.

and when I try to pull the file into the branch (commits) it works, but I have to update the link in powerbi every time I update revit.

1 Like

Hey @otavioesteves1 ,

In first image you shared, you used URL Type as the Stream URL input. That’s why you don’t see it. I just tried it on my end and it works as expected. Let me know if this fixes your issue.

wow, what a simple problem, I’ve been trying for more than 5 days. :rofl: :joy: Thank you very much! great help.

1 Like