Production Speckle Server deployment

Adding collaborators (as owners of the stream) in front-end works, but none of us can do any commits. Is there a log file location in the server ?

D.

Hey @Dimitrios.Ververidis seems like some misconfiguration on your server, are you able to use our public server at https://speckle.xyz/?

Yes I am uploading and downloading properly from speckle.xyz . Also my collaborators can send and receive in the same stream (we are testing Rhino). However, sometimes Rhino needs to restart in order to visualize the latest commit. Is there any refresh rendering button ?

I suspect that my server redirects the query to somewhere else (there is also an Apache with SSL server, next to Redis). Do you know which url calls exactly the SpeckleManager http://myip:3000/???
I am thinking to use a sniffer to see what is going on over internet. Does speckle manager have a console, logfile or any other inspection capability?

Best,
D.

There is a small refresh icon in the UI which should trigger a refresh of the streams and local accounts, let us know if you still experience issues with new commits and weā€™ll investigate!

Regarding Speckle Manager, Iā€™m not sure what problems you are experiencing? The only things it does is setting up accounts and installing connectors, itā€™s not being used when sending or receiving data :slight_smile:
Are you having issues setting up accounts from your local server or from XYZ?

Thanks, I will check tomorrow about the refresh button.

As regards the second question, the problems regard the communication between Rhino and the speckle-server instance on our server. For your xyz server it works fine. We will play a little with your server as it is difficult to install it (moreover to update and maintain it) on our server. How can I persuade the Architects and the Engineers that xyz server is safe ? Do you have any ISO or any document about data safety-security?

Good point! Thereā€™s quite a list of security measures that are in place already at both application level and infrastructure level. Being still in a private beta, we havenā€™t gotten to ā€œbragā€ about this. @cristiā€™s has been making speckle a safer place for quite a while now (it helps having a former security expert/devops ninja on the team!). Iā€™ll let him rattle off when heā€™s got the time.

What are your concerns here? It will help with our answers!

To be clear: any data that goes into speckle.xyz is 100% yours only, visible only to you, and whoever else you choose to share with; speckle.xyz is bound by our terms of service and privacy policy which do not allow us to do anything with it beyond what you instruct us to.

Ah, as well, before I forget: because Speckleā€™s been used on a number of large infrastructure projects in the UK, Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure has kindly allowed us to put their logo on our website since last January, after a technical conversation/audit. We never got to doing it, which kind of is a miss on our part, isnā€™t it?

It should be on the home page of the website. This is the first thing that Architects seek to.