On demand manufacturing app

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to build a Web App that allow users to upload a 2d/3d file and visualise it in the browser.
I know a few companies do this with Autodesk viewer.

The result I want to achieve is what this company does:

I had a look at the documentation and at the youtube channel but couldn’t figure what’s the best way to go about it.

I’d appreciate if someone could point me toward the right direction to start!

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Ciao Filippo and welcome to these parts!

Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: if you’d like :slight_smile:

There are many ways in which you could achieve that with Speckle, it all depends on the integration level, functionalities, and also appetite for coding that you have.

Here are some ideas on the top of my head:

Embedding the viewer
The lowest effort and quickest way is to use Speckle as it is and just embed the viewer on your website. Here are some links:

Using the viewer package
If you need more control over the viewer and its interactions, you can add it to your web app as a node package instead:

Custom everything
If you want to customize also the way data is uploaded/sent to Speckle, you can also fork our connectors and develop your own plugins/apps that do so instead. Or just use our nugets:

I’d suggest experimenting and playing a bit with Speckle to see what’s the best avenue for your app. And whenever you have a question/doubt feel free to ping us!

2 Likes

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your reply, this it’s a great start.

I don’t have a technical background so I’ll have to take some time to go through these resources and figure the next steps.

I’ll definitely give you a shout with my next question :).

Ciao!

1 Like