Keep References In Revit

Is there any possibility to keep reference associations when using the Revit Connector? I moved the wall on the right which had a reference plane attached to it and the reference plane doesn’t move along with the wall.

Hello @archgame ! Welcome to our community!

In theory, if you’re updating the same element, references and annotations should be preserved.
Could you please describe step by step how you created it in the first place and moved it later?
This way and can try to reproduce locally and see if we’re forgetting something.

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome!

I made a video showing the issue I’m coming across, let me know if you need any more information on my end:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tl-QYR7fDHJpJSjFVTd8j740XFuI3VH8/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the video, it was super useful!

It seems like references and annotations might not behave the same way when added to Revit elements… Anyways, I’ve created an issue so we can look into this in the next weeks: Revit: investigate updating element references when edited · Issue #759 · specklesystems/speckle-sharp · GitHub

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey @archgame I just tried today and could not replicate your issue, reference lines seem to move as well when a wall updates:

reference

I also replicated your example identically (but forgot to record) and it still worked.

Please let us know if this is still an issue!