Jpeg in speckle, Grasshopper to Revit

Good Day speckle community,

I am having trouble sending a jpeg format Bitmap from Grasshopper to Speckle and then I need to Import it to Revit. Are there components for converting this type of data in Grasshopper to the correct SpeckleObject for sending. I tried to resolve it the other way around by also trying to identify the family it would fall in under Revit so maybe this is the issue?

Thank you for any help that anyone can provide.

Hey James,

While you might be able to send a bitmap from Grasshopper, the Revit connector does not offer options to receive such information at the moment.

Maybe you could try with Dynamo?

BTW Base64 encoding and sending the image as a string is not ideal, we have added preliminary support for blob storage (see this thread) but it’s not yet exposed via nodes/components in our connectors.

What’s your workflow?

Hi Matteo,

Thank you very much. I am trying with Dynamo now I will update you on how it goes.

“BTW Base64 encoding and sending the image as a string is not ideal, we have added preliminary support for blob storage (see this thread) but it’s not yet exposed via nodes/components in our connectors.” Were meant to atttach a link in the above paragraph?

I am computing data such as one you might see in Ladybug plugin in grasshopper, where there is coloured Mesh on the site level only, and I am trying to represent this in Revit. I have got to a point where I am pre-setting filters, and receiving as Generic Models in Revit, but the issue with this workflow, while it does work, is that it receives each Mesh square individually increasing the time of the workflow considerably.

Thanks again for your response!!

1 Like

Oups sorry, here was the link indeed! :slight_smile: