How to limit email user register by domain company?

Hi Speckle Team,

Can give me assistant how can setting limit user register by domain ?

Example my domain : https://speckle.chuongmep.com/

I just want all user create by chuongmep.com can register, how can I achieve that ?
Some random user is : a@chuongmep.com, b@chuongmep.com,…
Any comment appreciate !

Hi @chuongmep - I’m afraid that this isn’t currently possible with the email registration option.

The easiest way to restrict users is to change your server to ‘invite only’, this is an option in the admin page of your server. You would then have to invite new users yourself via the bulk invites page.

Another more complex option is to instead disable the email registration option and enable Google, GitHub, or Azure SSO. This would allow you to manage users via that provider’s interface. This requires that the users are managed by that provider. It also requires manual reconfiguration of the speckle server’s docker compose file.

2 Likes

Thank you, @iainsproat , I hope the team will consider support for that in the future, because it helps for business easier to manager user !

2 Likes

Hi @iainsproat, please tell me whether the Google, GitHub authentication procedure is described?

Hi @joyshmitz, welcome to Speckle’s community!

If you have deployed Speckle Server via Docker Compose, please refer to our setup guide for how to amend the Docker compose file, backup your existing database, and restart the server.

The Azure AD, GitHub, Google, and OIDC authentication strategies all require you to add environment variables to the Speckle Server service in the docker compose file. The required environment variables are listed in our source code.

There is also a community thread which covers troubleshooting associated with setting up Azure AD authentication.

If you have deployed to Kubernetes with Helm, you do not need to amend the environment variables directly. Instead the required Helm variables to amend are described in the Server section of our Helm documentation.

If you encounter any problems, please create a new thread in this community. And if you do have time to contribute back to Speckle’s open source project, our documentation can certainly be improved with a Pull Request to our documentation repository!

1 Like