Civil 3D to Revit, properties and materials

Hi,

I’m trying to use the power of Speckle to send solid geometry from Civil3D to Revit.

1. From Civil3D to Speckle, geometry and properties are pushed, but not materials or layer colors.
    Am I missing something to send material informations ?

1. Into Revit. geometry is pushed just fine, but not properties or materials.

I’m wondering if I’m missing something, if there is some known tips and tricks or if there is a solution trought API.

This is very frustrating to see thoses properties in Speckle and not be able to re-use them in the destination soft.

Is somebody encountered the same issues ?
Are Autocad materials not recognized by Speckle ?

Many thanks for your help !

Materials and layer colors form C3D are not yet supported, with our next gen connectors we’ll make sure to account for it!

As a workaround you could maybe set them from Dynamo?

2 Likes

@teocomi thank you for your quick answer, Dynamo can be a solution, but , I never manage to use the Dynamo connector properly…

I always have difficulties with the “url” stuff, by the way I think the speckle documentation is not up to date…

We’re in the process of updating our docs after The Great Rename so apologies for some rough corners!

I’d suggest using the model URL directly in the Send node, like https://app.speckle.systems/projects/c6f4ef7c40/models/7cc4d7e748