Changing Revit Model Parameters type

I have exported my Revit model with Speckle so that i can use it in Power BI

i got some Revit parameters (Pipe parameters like Pipe material - Pipe system type) which its type suppose to be Text but, i found it extracted as some numerical values my guessing is ElemetId

So, How can i convert it to be with its Text Value (Or AsValueString)

1 Like

Hey @Ahmad_Fawzy ,

Welcome to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: to the community if you want to! :grinning:

This is interesting. Is that parameter an enumeration? Can you please share the Speckle Model URL so we can reproduce your issue on our end?

Hi Bilal

Appreciate your quick answer
I’m Ahmed Fawzy , BIM Coordinator :slight_smile:
Here’s my Model URL
https://speckle.xyz/streams/7d29c851e7/commits/886683105e

Here’s snap from the Parameters i am talking about

I believe these values are with a different type but, i have no clue how to convert it back

2 Likes

It appears that the values are sent to Speckle in number format. Could you confirm the expected format of those values?

As you see highlighted these the forms that it suppose to be.
But, Type phase could vary from ValueString to ElementId type to DoubleVlue
I just wanna be able to convert these values or even control it from the beginning to get the desired value type

Hey @Ahmad_Fawzy ,

There’s another way to extract the material information. You can simply check element[materialQuantities][material][name]. Our web application can help you understand the data structure. Hope this helps!

Thanks Bilal for your help

I will try it and feed you back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! The structure to access the material of the element that you indicate as ‘element[materialQuantities][material][name]’, how is it entered in the custom column section?

1 Like

Hey @yeison147 ,

Welcome to the community! Feel free to Introduce yourself :person_gesturing_ok: to the community if you want to! :grinning:

Not sure if I understand your question. If you want to add a custom column to your data using Power BI, here’s a guide:

If this is not what you are asking, could you please provide more details or clarify your question?