Can I load a speckle stream in Threejs application?

Threejs defaults to Y up; you probably will want to swap to have in your scene Z as up for the camera you use (iirc something like yourCamera.up.set(0, 0, 1);

1 Like

Explore a playful way to showcase projects

6 Likes

:eyes: You know this begs for a little gif, not to mention a demo link :eyes:

1 Like

need more development for a demo…wip

2 Likes

@dimitrie I’d like to write an article with code on this topic. Due to the confidentiality requirement, I can’t use the project stream. Can you provide me with a stream(with or without token) that is good for a game environment?

1 Like

Hey @chloesun, i’ve just shared with you a couple of streams from xyz that you can maybe have fun with! Some of the commits in there are pure garbage, but some others might be of use.

I’ve also sent you an invite on our staging server (latest.speckle.dev), where I have another stream with even more crap inside, but some of which might be a wee bit more funky.

Otherwise, pinging all other @SpeckleTeam -sters for any other cool references!

This might be fun to work with:

1 Like

Not bad, give me a few options to choose from and test.

I wonder how come this model has different colors, depending on the authoring program? Does the model from Revit just have one color?

Here’s another one: (@Cristi’s idea)

Revit models have quite a few more proper colours recently - we’re in the process of making a new release as we speak. @Jedd can maybe link you to a proper stream exported via the latest bestest speckle…

2 Likes

As Dimitrie mentioned, I’ve been working on some improvements to how materials are handled from Revit.
I’m not sure how useful these streams are for use case, but here are some Revit streams I’ve been using to test material support.

4 Likes

And one more!

4 Likes

Here is a demo site: https://specklegame.herokuapp.com/
Try it on your pc, for some reason my mac and my phone can’t render it well
You can turn off the animation if this is too much…
Turning off the animation will also make you move faster…
Click other players to start a chat

4 Likes

try this

2 Likes

Works ok on PC, but not ok on Mac…(both Chrome)
PC:

Mac

2 Likes

Same, on my phone/mac i can reproduce the problems! Regardless though i think this starts looking quite fun:

(i think people didn’t realise it’s like LEGIT MULTIPLAYER :boom:)

PS: Also I like @jonathon’s easter egg commit (credit goes to @izzylys for spotting the star wars memeing)

5 Likes

This is super cool @chloesun !!!

1 Like

One issue with the geometry is that the mesh doesn’t have the uv attribute, so it’s hard to apply texture or shader.

I was doing the hacky way to assign a THREE box’ uv to each of the mesh from speckle stream, and this sort of works on PC, but doesn’t work on mac, and gave this warning: [.WebGL-0x7007552600] GL_INVALID_OPERATION: Vertex buffer is not big enough for the draw call

Thought might be helpful to add some notes here after a couple of months :sweat_smile: I turned this idea into a hackathon project.

Demo: https://speckle-gamify-hackathon.herokuapp.com/
Source code: GitHub - chloesun/speckle_hackathon: Content->Speckle->THREEjs web based game(Metaverse?!)

5 Likes

Heroku is no longer free, so I had to switch the host
demo site: https://speckle-metaverse.onrender.com/

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Loading Speckle data into a non Speckle ThreeJS viewer